Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Class Rules

Wow! The second day of school has come and gone already. I feel like I have been running around like a crazy woman for the past two days. I even forgot to eat lunch today. I've been working on a lot of things for my classroom and one of the first things I finished and put up were my class rules. Since I only have one true bulletin board in my classroom, I have it taped to my white board. I used the Cricut Mini Monogram pack to make the circles and letters and colored paper from the bargain section at Wal-Mart. Easy and cheap (except for the whole Cricut thing, which I didn't purchase...thanks Mom!).





The rules are listed out to the side. I downloaded a free borders set from somewhere on the Internet and used even more bargain paper to spice things up. I'm trying the whole brain teaching method this year with my general education reading class. Most of them look at me crazy when I do the motions with the rules, but some are participating. I told them not to worry that they looked dumb, because they did, but so did I, and we really all needed to look silly together. They're warming up to it. Really and truly, the motions help me remember the rules, so I know it is working for them.

I hope you all have had a productive few days of school. I look forward to many more with my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment