Saturday, August 10, 2013

Getting Ready!

Hello All! It has been a super busy week at my house. I have spent multiple days at the local thrift store searching for books for my classroom library. (I found a few cute tops too, so that was a bonus!) I have also spent time in my classroom and school library preparing for the year. Recently, I helped reorganize our library so that it would be user friendly. After scouring Pinterest for ideas, I found a "Staff Favorites" area I liked for the library, but wasn't wild about the theme that was pictured. So...I got out my mom's Cricut and begin creating what I think turned out to be pretty darn cute.


I asked our teachers for help creating this, and they willingly complied by giving me lists of books. Enough that I can swap out displays throughout the year. I also created book recommendation bookmarks to keep in a few books throughout the library. Those can be found by looking in my posts for July.

Our school-wide theme this year is "Peace, Love, and Learning." Several teachers were making this slogan their own, and since I teach reading, I created a new display for my door.


The felt pieces were $1.97 each at Wal-Mart, and the letters were on clearance for $2.50. I also found some peace sign ribbon for $1.97. I hot glued the ribbon to the back of each felt design, and then hung the ribbon at different lengths. When I got it how I liked, I hot glued the end of the ribbon to the top of the door itself (not the frame) and then clipped the ribbon from the roll. Overall, it took about 30 minutes to add the letters, glue, and hang. Not too bad!

Does your school have a theme, or all you all allowed to choose classroom themes? What do you do to make your classroom warm and inviting?

Hope you enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment