Thursday, August 1, 2013

Chevron Labels

Most people do not understand the effort that goes into getting classroom ready for the school year. I don't know how many times this summer I heard, "Well, it must be nice to have the WHOLE summer off!" Ha! I don't know about you, but my summer was busy. I have been scouring the city trying to find copies of novels for literature circles (which I pay for out of my own pocket), creating different items to use in my classroom, taking care of my family, volunteering at church, etc. I have also spend several days in our school library, cleaning out clutter and organizing books in line with the Dewey Decimal System. So, no, I have not had the WHOLE summer off, thank you very much. Off my soapbox in 3...2...1....

While sifting through some of my classroom clutter, I discovered a lot of items that I haven't used in years. They were stuffed in a box that had no label. If you are like me, you are obsessed with office supplies, and that includes the packs of Avery labels in the paper section of Wal-Mart. I have tons of these things, but I never print any off because I can't make them as cute as I would like. After my kiddos went down for the night (fingers crossed), I got a little busy on my computer. While these aren't perfect, they do fit the 2"x4" labels from Avery, and they are a bright reminder for IEP files, binders, take-home folders, portfolios, etc. Since I downloaded the template from the Internet, these are free. I hope you can find a good use for them!

What have you been busy with this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment